Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for clothing design + sewing expertise and help
Music 
Hello,

New to the Artisan's Asylum community. Excited to meet you all.

Project Name: Tactus Shirt
Budget: $250
Time frame: 2 months
Relevant Shops: Fabrics and sewing
Do you have design files (illustrator files, solidworks, etc) ready to go?: Yes I can show a previous rough prototype, but we would need to change up the design a little bit.
Will you be providing your own materials or will you need materials provided for you: I can provide some materials but we will have to source additional fabrics and textiles

I am currently working on a project where we are making a type of wearable device with electronics embedded in the textiles and fabrics. I have the electric-mechanical system figured out, but my initial attempts at the fabrics part of things have not held up at all and have not be aesthetically pleasing. The goal is to have the piece look like normal clothing with the components placed on the shirt with sewed-in pockets of attachments in a discrete manner while maintaining good contact on the wearer's body.

Looking for someone that could give some advice or guidance on the clothing design and could collaborate on getting some prototypes made.

Feel free to reach out if you have questions or if you want to learn more about it. Thank you!

Cheers!
I have sewing expertise, but need to know more about the project to see if I can make the time commitment. I am not a tailor, but I own a serger and I'm quite comfortable copying existing pieces of clothing in order to draft my own patterns. (Simple shapes are best.) Given recent spikes in Covid, and with the Holidays coming, I prefer to work in a Covid safe way, so in-person collaboration might be limited.

Let me know if you're still in need.
Thanks!
(11-04-2020, 06:18 PM)Tess Wrote: I have sewing expertise, but need to know more about the project to see if I can make the time commitment. I am not a tailor, but I own a serger and I'm quite comfortable copying existing pieces of clothing in order to draft my own patterns. (Simple shapes are best.) Given recent spikes in Covid, and with the Holidays coming, I prefer to work in a Covid safe way, so in-person collaboration might be limited.

Let me know if you're still in need.
Thanks!

Hi Tess! Thanks for your message. I will private message you to talk more details.