Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need soldering help for Raspberry Pi project
Project Name: Need soldering help for Raspberry Pi project
Budget: $100
Time frame: 2 weeks
Relevant Shops: Electronics and Robotics

I’m looking for someone who can solder two stepper motor HATs for a Raspberry Pi.

Details can be found here: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-dc-a...i/assembly

Worth noting that I’m using stacking headers, though, so one HAT can be stacked on top of the other (and potentially additional boards stacked in the future).

Between the two HATs there are 104 pins that need to be soldered, plus an additional solder point needs to be added to the second HAT to give it a unique I2C address (details here: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-dc-a...cking-hats)

Please send me a quote if you’re interested in doing this work.
I can do this soldering for you for $10 if you can drop everything off at the Artisan's Asylum and pick up from there.
(10-05-2020, 03:24 PM)AlanKilian Wrote: I can do this soldering for you for $10 if you can drop everything off at the Artisan's Asylum and pick up from there.

That would be great, thank you!  I can definitely drop off and pickup at Artisan's Asylum.  Should I just leave it at the front desk with your name on it (with $10) and come back to pickup when it's done?
(10-05-2020, 03:44 PM)CBryant Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 03:24 PM)AlanKilian Wrote: I can do this soldering for you for $10 if you can drop everything off at the Artisan's Asylum and pick up from there.

That would be great, thank you!  I can definitely drop off and pickup at Artisan's Asylum.  Should I just leave it at the front desk with your name on it (with $10) and come back to pickup when it's done?

Yes, check to see that someone is at the front desk before you arrive, and you can leave a package for me and I'll let you know when I'm done.

I will be camping Thursday this week  through Monday next week.
(10-05-2020, 03:54 PM)AlanKilian Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 03:44 PM)CBryant Wrote:

Yes, check to see that someone is at the front desk before you arrive, and you can leave a package for me and I'll let you know when I'm done.

I will be camping Thursday this week  through Monday next week.

Hi Alan - I should be able to drop everything off for you either tomorrow (Wedn) or Thursday.  When do you think you'd be able to get this done by?
(10-14-2020, 03:48 AM)CBryant Wrote: Hi Alan - I should be able to drop everything off for you either tomorrow (Wedn) or Thursday.  When do you think you'd be able to get this done by?

It should take about 30 minutes to complete.
(10-14-2020, 05:49 PM)AlanKilian Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 03:48 AM)CBryant Wrote: Hi Alan - I should be able to drop everything off for you either tomorrow (Wedn) or Thursday.  When do you think you'd be able to get this done by?

It should take about 30 minutes to complete.

Ok great - I'll plan to drop everything off tomorrow (Friday) around noon.  Please let me know if by chance you're going to be there and can do the work then, I'll just stay in the area.  Otherwise happy to come back and pick it up whenever you're done.  Thanks!
I am going to be shopping Friday afternoon, so I can do the soldering for you at that time.

If you can let me know in advance precisely when you are going to be there, I'll meet you and do the work.
For COVID-19, I'll ask you to stay outside while I do the work.
(10-16-2020, 01:45 PM)AlanKilian Wrote: I am going to be shopping Friday afternoon, so I can do the soldering for you at that time.

If you can let me know in advance precisely when you are going to be there, I'll meet you and do the work.
For COVID-19, I'll ask you to stay outside while I do the work.

Hi Alan - I'll be tied up this afternoon so I just dropped off the parts for you.  Everything is in a small white box with your name on it on the wire shelf just inside the front door.  Please just let me know when your all done - I can swing by early next week to pick up if you leave it on the shelf with my name on it (Cuyler Bryant).

Also, just a reminder to please add an additional solder point to the second HAT to give it a unique I2C address.  (Details on that are linked in the original post.)

Thanks again!
-Cuyler
I'll stop in on Saturday and get this done and let you know when it's ready.