Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm feeling very negative....
Thumbs Up 
I just got a free "sort of" COVID test - came back negative, hence the title... Cool

There is a research study going on in the Boston area, which I got recruited for since I live (barely) within 45 miles of the city...  They are trying to track the spread of COVID, including the 'asymptomatic' cases where people may have it without enough symptoms to make them want to get a test...

If you sign up for it, they snail you a home test kit.  You take samples per the instructions and send them back via UPS (i.e. via the store almost across the street from AA)  They send you a kit every month for the next 5 months...  NO COST to you other than the time to do the test...

The first month you get a nose swab for the "Do you have it NOW" test, and a finger stick for the antibody "Did I have it in the past" test...

Because this is a 'research study' the tests aren't being done in an 'official' way so you are told that the results are not recognized by doctors / legal types (i.e. for ending quarantines) and that you should get a "Clinical" test to confirm their results, especially if positive, or you think you may have been exposed...

They also will only tell you the results of the nose swab test, and not the antibody test Sad  but it's better than nothing...

The website is TestBoston.org the inquiry phone number is 617-525-4220, and their email is info@testboston.org .

I got an invitation with a signup code because I've registered w/ Mass. General to participate in appropriate research studies, I'm not sure what the process is if you haven't been sent an invitation, but there is a button on the website for people that don't have a signup code, so presumably they are still looking...

Seems like a worthwhile thing to get involved with...

ART